Closing Date: February 16, 2021
- CERT NZ is New Zealand’s national Computer Emergency Response Team. We investigate cyber security incident reports, track cyber security incidents and attacks, and provide advice to New Zealanders on how to respond to and prevent further attacks. We work closely with our international counterparts across more than 100 other national CERTs to prevent and respond to cyber security incidents.
- We’re looking for an Incident Analyst to join our Threats and Incident team. You’ll fit right in if you have an interest and understanding of cyber threats and the threat landscape. You don’t need to come from an incident response background; we’re looking for people with technical knowledge in information security who are interested in learning new skills and techniques.
- The Incident Analyst:
- Triages, manages and investigates cyber security incidents
- Identifies trends in information security issues that are impacting New Zealand
- Contributes to CERT NZ projects
- Works closely with the Senior Incident Managers
- Collaborates with international CERTs
- To be successful in this role, you will have:
- In-depth understanding of information security and how computer systems work
- An interest in helping people from all backgrounds resolve issues, from everyday Kiwis to security teams in large organisations
- Comprehensive knowledge cyber threats and the threat landscape.
- Ability to translate technical knowledge and language in a way that audiences from all backgrounds can understand.
- Existing government security clearance or the ability to gain and maintain such a clearance (Please see this link to the public NZSIS information for further information about the vetting process for national security clearances: https://
protectivesecurity.govt.nz/ personnel-security/clearances/ )
- Legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand.
- Applications close: 5pm on 16 February 2021.