Closing Date: July 6, 2020
- Are you a Mandarin speaker or passionate student of a language and culture?
- Do you enjoy undertaking research and analysis to inform decisions?
- Are you interested in international events, culture, current affairs and geopolitics?
Our work is secret, but the reason for our success isn’t. It’s our people.
And we’re just like you. We’re ordinary people. But together, we’re doing extraordinary things to protect New Zealand and New Zealanders.
While we’re ordinary people, we’re not all the same. We welcome diversity, in all its forms, in fact we consider it a strength.
Join us and become part of a Community where your skills, experiences and ideas are valued and you’re encouraged to be curious, to share your ideas and of course, have fun along the way.
If you’re up for the challenge, become Beyond Ordinary with us.
We are currently seeking motivated individuals with Mandarin language skills (or a demonstrable pre-disposition to acquire them) to work as Communications Analysts within its Intelligence Directorate.
As a Communications Analyst you will leverage your foreign language skills, background and cultural awareness to interpret and evaluate information, then communicate it effectively to those with a need to know. This role provides the opportunity to further develop and engage your understanding of the language and culture and to provide insights to intelligence questions. You will become invaluable to NZSIS’s mission as you contribute your unique perspective and assist in the development of key intelligence assessments.
Your excellent command of English and report writing skills will be crucial to your success in this role, as will your high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Whilst the work requires independence and the ability to self-motivate, you’ll also draw on your interpersonal and relationship skills to work with a variety of internal stakeholders.
Discretion will come naturally to you as will the resilience to cope with the sensitive and objectionable information you may be exposed to as part of this role. The ability to seek support and look after yourself is essential.
You will also possess:
- The willingness and flexibility to work outside normal working hours when operational needs require
- Sound judgement and the ability to effectively prioritise your work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Computer literacy and ability to learn new systems and technology
- Excellent hearing
We want our people to succeed, whatever success looks like for them. Join us and we’ll give you significant professional development opportunities aimed at taking your career in the direction you want it to go. You won’t stand still with us as we’re committed to ongoing learning and continuous improvement.
We’re also committed to your wellbeing. We want our people to be the best they can be, both at work and at home. We offer our people comprehensive benefits, access to staff networking groups, flexible working and great work-life balance.
If you want to love coming to work each day, let us help you become Beyond Ordinary.
We welcome applications from candidates with all levels of experience and would offer salary based on the skills and knowledge you would bring in.
Salary per annum:
- Level 1 – $58,549 – $87,823 – midpoint of the salary range is $73,186 reflecting full competence in the role
- Level 2 – $68,734- $103,086 – midpoint of the salary range is $85,905 reflecting full competence in the role
- Level 3 – $79,797 – $119,695 – midpoint of the salary range is $99,746 reflecting full competence in the role
For more Information: Click here