Closing Date: May 25, 2020
What you will do
As the team leader you will be responsible for managing the Topographic Team. This includes overseeing technical development and training, implementing personal development plans, related HR documentation and overall positive attitude to contribute to the greater benefit of GNZ.
You will lead a team of GEOINT professionals who produce Topographic products. In this role you have the knowledge and skills to trouble shoot existing workflow, whilst developing and testing new workflows to improve our production efficiency and enhance our ability to collaborate with our partners at in New Zealand and overseas. This role will be in direct support of NZDF and our Allies for Operations, planning and training, and other Government Agencies where required.
What we need
We are seeking a person with significant experience in Geospatial Information Systems including:
- Advanced knowledge of GIS software products such as the ESRI Suite, with a strong background in Topographic Production and Map Series tools;
- Highly developed cartographic skills and the ability to provide effective quality control on a range of geospatial products;
- Ability to understand and apply topographic & geospatial standards to effectively create products and outputs.
The ability to build and maintain solid working relationships through excellent communication is key in this role as you will work alongside other NZDF units, other NZ Government and International military agencies during routine day to day activities.
A tertiary qualification (Bachelors/Masters/Postgraduate Diploma) in Geospatial Information Systems, Cartography (or equivalent work-history experience) and 5-7 Years plus using Geospatial Information Systems with Workflows for Topographic production and output is essential.
Who we are
GEOINT New Zealand’s (GNZ) role is to provide imagery and geospatial intelligence to NZDF, supporting policy, planning, operations and training in order to meet NZDF outputs. GNZ is also the national and international lead for Geospatial Intelligence in New Zealand, providing imagery and geospatial intelligence to government departments and other customers.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Sandra Beaton on email@example.com.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 25 May 2020.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
For more Information: Click here