Closing Date: March 19, 2020
What you will do
In this role you will be using GIS to producing geospatial products and services that enable the NZDF to achieve its mission and outputs.
You will exhibit a robust knowledge of GIS fundamentals and demonstrate an ability to effectively manage, analyse and communicate the results of geospatial analysis to customers. Knowledge of geospatial applications such as ESRI Arcmap and QGIS is essential and knowledge of imagery applications such as Socet GXP and RemoteView desirable.
- Provide Imagery & Geospatial Intelligence to NZDF
- Develop key relationships within NZDF
- Liaise with National & International peers
- Develop custom geospatial products to meet the evolving requirements of the NZDF’s operational community.
What we need
We are seeking two people with 3-5 years’ experience in a GIS or Geospatial Intelligence role.
Tertiary qualifications in Geospatial Information Systems and Remote Sensing would be highly desirable, along with:
- Sound project and time management skills;
- An ability to confidently present work to a varied audience; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications is desirable.
Who we are
GEOINT New Zealand’s (GNZ) role is to provide imagery and geospatial intelligence to NZDF, supporting policy, planning, operations and training in order to meet NZDF outputs. GNZ is also the national and international lead for Geospatial Intelligence in New Zealand, providing imagery and geospatial intelligence to government departments and other customers.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa/New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family
- Full time ongoing work
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000
- Access to holiday accommodation across NZ
- Discounts Handbook for selected retail, entertainment and service providers
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen, who has resided in this country continuously for at least the last fifteen years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last fifteen years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, the United Kingdom (UK) or the United States of America (USA); and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at this level.
Applications close on Thursday 19 March 2020.
For more Information: Click here