Closing Date: January 21, 2021
About the Job
Secondment / Fixed Term Opportunity
Start Date: 30th January 2021
End date: 30th June 2022
- Are you an experienced intelligence practitioner?
- Do you have the ability to operate in a ‘real time’ environment?
- Do you thrive on working with a range of internal and external stakeholders?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and utilising intelligence tradecraft to identify and understand evolving risks?
If you answered yes to the above, then please take the opportunity to apply! This great opportunity is available as in internal or interagency secondment for an experienced intelligence practitioner.
The position operates within an approved Corrections Intelligence framework, delivering nationally consistent products to the Prisoners of Extreme Risk Directorate. The holder of this position is an integral member of the intelligence team in the Department and is expected to keep abreast of current and emerging issues and programmes that help combat criminal activity.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- The credibility, integrity, and personality to establish and maintain effective relationships internal and external to the Department
- An understanding of the strategic, operational, and tactical use of intelligence
- Competency in problem solving and the ability to think critically
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- The ability to deliver impromptu and planned briefings to a range of stakeholder groups
- Proven experience in contributing to wider team projects
Possessing an ability to evaluate information with a sense of urgency, you will be vigilant in ensuring the integrity of our operations by elevating concerns before issues arise. A full driver licence is required as travel will be a requirement of this role.
The successful applicant must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. The role will based at Auckland Prison and will service the Prisoners of Extreme Risk Directorate.
Expressions of Interest are requested by Thursday 21st January 2021 and should include a one page letter detailing the reasons for interest in the role and CV, and the value you will bring to the role. Please ensure that you have permission from your line manager to be released prior to applying.
Mō mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy – Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5).
To apply, submit your tailored CV and a cover letter (PDF) describing your motivation for applying for this role highlighting your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
For more Information: Click here