Closing Date: May 27, 2020
Intelligence Support Officer – Financial Intelligence Unit
Police National Headquarters
Salary Range: $49,158.00 – $66,507.00
Job Requisition ID 17385
The New Zealand Police has a position available for an Intelligence Support Officer (ISO) based at the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in Wellington.
As an ISO you will support the high-performing FIU team in anti-money laundering efforts, the investigation of organised and transnational criminal groups, and the disruption of terrorist financing. This support will consist of liaising with partner agencies, collation of information, and the preparation of basic intelligence products to facilitate investigations. This work will be informed by suspicious transactions that are reported to the FIU by the private sector.
To be considered for the role of ISO the following technical skills must be addressed:
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, the ability to clean, sort and organise data and an ability to quickly learn and use new software
- Demonstrates attention to detail in information management and business processes to ensure data quality and accurate information is processed in a timely manner
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
Core Competencies – Level 1 Individual Contributor
For more information about the above Core Competencies, visit “Our Values” on our website to view our Core Competency Framework: How We Do Things.
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Government security clearance.
- Applicants will be required to attend residential training at RNZPC (Wellington) for up to 2 weeks at a time
- In the event of operational emergencies, on short notice applicants may be required to work outside normal business hours and travel domestically
- Successful applicant must reside in Wellington
To view the position description for this role please copy and paste this link into a new browser: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/pd/04-2018/intelligence_support_officer_-_generic_distops.pdf
HOW TO APPLY:
If this position sounds like you, click APPLY NOW or visit our Police website: http://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/working-police and select ‘Current vacancies’ to apply today! You will be required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) which provides a brief account of your relevant education, skills and experience. In addition, you must complete an application form telling us why you are interested in the position and how you meet the above Core Competencies of the role, no more than 4000 characters (including spaces), approximately 600-650 words per section.
IMPORTANT: Applications submitted directly through the Government Jobs Website are no longer considered. Please visit our Police website: http://www.police.govt.nz/about-us/working-police and select ‘Current vacancies’ to apply for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are an existing Police Employee, you must apply through our internal Careers site and include your QID number in your application.
If you are an existing Contractor working for Police, you must apply through the NZ Police career site and create a profile as an external candidate. Please do not include your QID.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Ann-Maree Beard by email at Ann-Maree.Beard@Police.govt.nz
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 27th May 2020
For more Information: Click here