Closing Date: April 15, 2020
Have you heard … we are now recruiting graduates for our 2021 Graduate Programme – so don’t miss out!!
Extraordinary careers for extraordinary people
- Are you naturally curious?
- Looking for unique challenges and loads of variety?
- Want to make a difference and help keep our country safe?
The New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is a community of government agencies working together to build a safer and more prosperous New Zealand. We are committed to doing beyond the ordinary work everyday to keep New Zealanders safe. We investigate, we analyse and we advise.
The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) forms part of the NZIC and has an exciting Graduate Programme for those looking for something different. We look for intelligent and enthusiastic graduates to join us in keeping New Zealanders safe, while also looking after the economic and wellbeing of New Zealand too.
We are now hiring for our Technical stream, this is a 16 month graduate programme for those with strong skills in cyber security, software engineering, systems engineering and network engineering. During the graduate programme you will learn more about our industry, while using your strong analytical and problem solving skills across a number of different parts of GCSB.
Successful graduates from previous years have demonstrated the following:
- Strong critical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to integrity and able to be discrete and diplomatic
- A team player attitude
- Proven academic success and broad life skills
- A strong desire to keep New Zealand and New Zealanders safe
What do we offer?
- A supportive team environment – we have a friendly, collegiate and inclusive culture where you can focus and learn and differences are respected.
- Unique work – which involves thinking outside the box and coming up with original creative and analytical solutions. While we can’t tell you too much at this stage, we can tell you it won’t be like any other opportunity you can find in New Zealand!
- Variety with customised rotations – you will gain a broad industry understanding before deciding which area you want to specialise in. You will then have access to an amazing career pathway across a number of areas without the need to change employers.
- Extra benefits – flexible hours for work/life balance, a fun social club, in-house gym, health insurance and eye checks are just some of our everyday perks.
- A permanent position at the end of the graduate programme.
So if you are up for the challenge and want a career, not just a job, where no two days are ever the same … apply with us today!
Salary from $49,465 – $74,197 per annum
A position description can be found attached here and for more information download our Graduate Information Sheet
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV, cover letter and an academic transcript. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number C2/20/45 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close midnight 15 April 2020
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.
For more Information: Click here