Closing Date: February 7, 2022
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the Role
MPI have created new and exciting opportunities by establishing Lead Intelligence Analyst roles within the MPI Intelligence Group.
We are looking for an exceptional Lead Intelligence Analyst to join our Biosecurity Intelligence Team (BSI) based in Wellington. The Biosecurity Intelligence team (BSI) is a multi-disciplinary team that fuses scientific expertise, big data analytics and intelligence practices to enhance MPI’s ability to forecast and monitor biosecurity threats while they are still offshore.
The team analyses and produces assessments about the science and human behaviours that influence the global spread of pests and diseases to forecast the biosecurity threats of tomorrow. Our work provides decision advantage to clients responsible for New Zealand’s biosecurity.
The purpose of the Lead Intelligence Analyst role is to bring high-level expertise to the conduct and coaching of complex or challenging analysis, delivering expert intelligence analysis, ensuring the integration of big data insights, and contributing to the development of intelligence analysis capability through exemplary practice.
In the BSI team, the Lead Intelligence Analyst will work across all areas the team are responsible for – leading complex projects and working with the team leadership to support the development of analysts, growing internal and external networks (including with partner agencies offshore) and aid in setting and delivering the team’s work programme.
The successful candidate will need to be based in Wellington due to the nature of the role.
Mōu – About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an intelligence analyst or in a strongly similar working environment
- Experienced at translating complex analytical methodologies, insights and outputs to all levels of the organisation from analytical practitioners through to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching analysts and delivering training on tools, techniques and methodologies
- Experience in developing and managing positive relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and inter-agency environments with a proven track record of contributing to high quality outcomes for decision makers
- Awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and its principles, and a growing understanding of its relevance to New Zealand and to MPI
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: – Benefits of working at MPI
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare SchemesComprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Flexible working. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru – Security checks
Security Clearance requirements
TSS clearance is desirable for this role. TS is essential.
- Has resided and worked continuously in New Zealand or one of the following Five-Eyes countries for the last ten years (Secret or Top Secret), 15 years (Top Secret Special): Australia, Canada, UK or USA.
The salary for this role is between $92K – $124K depending on skills and experience.
Applications close Monday 7 February 2022.
For more Information: Click here