Closing Date: March 8, 2020
Lead National Security System Advisor Security and Intelligence and Lead National Security Systems Advisor Hazards and Risk
- Do you have a wealth of knowledge and experience in New Zealand’s National Security System (NSS)?
- Are you ready to become our expert enabling and coordinating MBIE’s engagement with the NSS?
- Two permanent roles, Wellington based
MBIE plays an important role within a group of central government agencies, protecting New Zealand through the delivery of core, business-as-usual services, it is also works with multiple agencies acting together to respond to an emerging threats, or in response to emergencies and significant hazards affecting New Zealand. In all cases, it involves a system of maintaining and investing in institutional risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery capabilities that are integrated and aligned across all agencies and levels.
We are looking for two motivated and customer-focused individuals to join our Workplace branch as Lead Advisors – National Security System (NSS). These roles will work together to co-ordinate MBIE’s engagement with the greater National Security System. One of the roles will focus on the security and intelligence work stream and the other role on hazard and risk.
As the Lead Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and expertise to support MBIE’s engagement with the NSS
- Implemented a programme of continuous improvements to co-ordinate NSS engagement both internally and externally
- Represent MBIE in NSS activities and forums including committees, steering and working groups
- The Lead Advisor NSS – Security and Intelligence will focus on supporting MBIE’s engagement with activities led or governed by the Security and Intelligence Board.
- The Lead Advisor NSS – Hazard and Risk will focus on supporting MBIE’s engagement with activities led or governed by the Hazard Risk Board and wider CDEM sector.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven knowledge and experience working within the NSS in a Lead Agency context
- The ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to create good quality written documentation and content in a range of formats.
- The ability to provide innovative solutions to problems.
In addition the attached position descriptions highlight key requirements specific to each role.
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET government security clearance. Please use the link below to check your eligibility.
How to find out more and apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position descriptions at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process. You will need to indicate in your application which position you wish to apply for.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1451595 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 8 March 2020.
For more Information: Click here