Closing Date: February 24, 2022
Our public service is being called upon to deliver a unified, seamless and effective digital experience for all New Zealanders. As a member of Digital Public Service/Te Kōtui Whitiwhiti branch you will help champion this change. We are seeking an experienced people leader with vision and influence to help drive a strong, successful and connected digital public sector.
The Digital Public Service Branch works across the public service to connect, influence and support the system to take advantage of new digital opportunities. It also supports the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) to drive the government’s digital transformation and position government to succeed in a changing and evolving digital age. To find out more https://www.digital.govt.nz/digital-government/about-digital-government/
Meet our people – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_7k4HZP2N0
About the role:
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Manager- Business Intelligence who will have responsibility for driving the delivery of data strategy, incorporating data integrity, governance and data ownership.
Reporting to the GM Agency Partnerships and Capability, GCPO, we are looking for a leader who can apply strategic vision to lead the business intelligence team as a centre of excellence, ensuring we are fit for the future.
This multi-faceted and influential role involves:
- working closely with the GM and other leadership to make evidence-based decisions to help continually improve the digital experience
- engaging, coaching and managing a team to shape data insights into an evidence base to drive business decisions and opportunities
- Being a trusted advisor to multiple stakeholders, helping them to navigate and articulate complex data whilst focusing on the big picture
- Leading the overall design and support of the BI technology environment, including information acquisition, management and delivery solutions
- Experience in identify opportunities for leveraging an analytics technology to formulate a data strategy and roadmap
You will be a forward-looking leader who can think big and broad and who will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You’re committed to building a culture of high performance and delivery. The team will thrive under your inclusive, supportive and collaborative leadership style.
You will need the following:
- a high degree of resilience coupled with a proactive and pragmatic and delivery-focused approach
- confidence to apply your skills and knowledge across a breadth of disciplines to solve problems, deliver on deadlines, manage budgets and drive results
- demonstrated leadership and development of multidisciplinary, high-performing teams or groups
- passionate about data and the power of business analytics to bring the data to life tell a compelling story
- creative in approach, and able to see the strategic ‘big picture’
- a strong collaborator and negotiator, able to understand points of difference, gain trust quickly and work through challenging situations to gain a beneficial outcome
We are committed to increasing our cultural confidence as an organisation so proficiency in Te Reo Māori would also be incredibly valuable.
What we offer:
- exposure across government agencies with value-driven interesting work
- The on-going support of teams within the branch to encourage diversity of thought and challenge the status quo and knowledge sharing
- A range of benefits including access to discounted healthcare, subsided school holiday programmes, allowance for vision and hearing care, with a variety of social committee and networks available
We offer a culture where our people are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive and encourages talent and potential to thrive. We strongly believe in work life balance and this is practiced with a range of flexible work options and wellbeing initiatives – just talk to us about what works for you.
As Health, Safety and Wellbeing of our kaimahi is important, Internal Affairs has a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Under this policy employment with the Department is conditional on holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass.
Applications close: 5pm, Thursday 24 February 2022
For more information please contact: Heena Ravji at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
For more Information: Click here