Closing Date: March 3, 2020
Applications are sought to become the Principal Assurance Advisor: Protective Security, based in the Assurance Group at Police National Headquarters, Wellington.
The purpose of this position is to lead the coordination, implementation, management and reporting of physical and personnel security across New Zealand Police as well as provide assurance that Police sites, information and other assets have the appropriate protection in place.
The Principal Assurance Advisor will be responsible for maintaining protective security policy and internal communications on security, and delivering operational and strategic advisory and assurance services to support stakeholders to deliver their personnel, physical and information security objectives. In addition, this position will also be expected to provide reporting and recommendations to the Police Executive and leadership teams on security standards, our compliance with the PSR, and on remedial action to address any areas of weakness. You will develop and maintain a protective security management network, and, coordinate a programme of work to evaluate and improve security across Police.
This role primarily revolves around the Protective Security Requirements, related doctrine, and the principles of risk management, aligned with Police’s strategic and operational requirements. As a Principal Advisor, you will also be expected to: provide high quality assurance advisory services working through the Assurance Group’s senior managers; assist the Chief Information Security Officer to provide security assurance to the Police Executive and other key internal and external stakeholders; and lead the activities of Our Business and enable our people to deliver them.
Skills and Experience: You will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NZ Protective Security Requirements and related standards and classified doctrine will be necessary to fulfil this position. However, some of the knowledge may be obtained on the job if the applicant has appropriate alternative skills, knowledge and/or qualifications, preferably in a law enforcement, intelligence or defense environment.
Core Competencies: Level 2 Team Manager/Leader
For more information about the above Core Competencies, visit “Our Values” on our website https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/publications/how-we-do-things.pdf
- The successful applicant must have or be able to secure and maintain a TOP SECRET clearance
- Only New Zealand/Australian Citizens or New Zealand Permanent Residents will be considered
- The successful candidate must reside in Wellington
- You will be required to provide a work sample if selected for an interview
If you have any questions about this vacancy please email the Hiring Manager at Jay.Garden@police.govt.nz prior to the closing date.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 13th March 2020.
For more Information: Click here