Closing Date: February 4, 2022
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership in the operation of an effective all-source intelligence collection management function, and to develop and lead internal and external stakeholder engagement on behalf of the Regulatory Intelligence Team. The initial foundations of intelligence collection and stakeholder engagement have been developed over the last 12 months; this role will be required to embed and further develop these processes to ensure ongoing effectiveness and continuous improvement.
This role is part of a dedicated Intelligence Team within Regulatory Services Group, whose purpose is to interpret the regulatory operating environment and deliver timely, quality, and actionable intelligence assessments to decision-makers at tactical, operational, and strategic levels of Waka Kotahi and to other relevant stakeholders where appropriate. We are looking for someone who is a credible intelligence practitioner/leader, has excellent relationship management skills, thrives on navigating through complex and ambiguous problems to deliver quality results, and wants to be part of a dynamic, professional intelligence team.
The environment is innovative, forward thinking, and will allow you to develop and grow your career. If you are looking for your next challenge and keen to put your thought leadership, analytical, and critical thinking skills to good use, we want to hear from you.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven credibility as a highly effective intelligence practitioner and/or leader in the NZ Government context (or international equivalent)
- Broad experience in the development and/or management of effective intelligence collections processes, systems, and/or policies
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective, productive working relationships at all levels of an organisation, as well as with external partners
- Excellent organisational skills, with a strong ability to effectively prioritise multiple and often competing and time-pressured priorities across a range of projects/customers
- Previous experience in a thought leadership role, and/or experience in effectively leading and influencing others
- Well-developed ability to operate effectively in complex and/or ambiguous environments
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (written and verbal) across both in-person and virtual environments
- Demonstrated strengths in self-starting, self-awareness, and team collaboration
- Knowledge of the land transport and/or regulatory operating environment may be an advantage
- Intelligence qualification (NZDIA, DIAC or demonstrated equivalent) is highly desirable
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance to the level of Top Secret. Use this tool to check if you might be eligible for a security clearance www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
- Must have a full, clean NZ driving license
Applications close Friday 4 February 2022.
For more Information: Click here