Closing Date: May 20, 2020
What you will do
The Senior Advisor Intelligence Engagement is responsible for providing engagement support on a range of domestic and international partnerships. You will be provided tasks and objectives but will be organising your own work schedule as a key part of this small but significant team.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Providing policy advice and delivering intelligence engagement programmes in support of the wider NZDF engagement strategies and plans;
- Leading defence intelligence policy advice for those countries and topics within your portfolio;
- Supporting delivery of hosted events, including preparing programmes and arranging appointments; and
- Leading delivery of engagement activities in coordination with Corporate Services, and other areas of Defence Intelligence.
What we need
You will need to be able to successfully coordinate multiple tasks proactively while remaining reactive to the ever-changing demands. You will have strong relationship management and interpersonal skills to communicate and collaborate with your diverse stakeholders.
In order to be successful in this role, you will also be:
- Self-motivated to work autonomously with excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Able to convey complex information logically and concisely through written reports and presentations;
- Methodical with your investigations and problem solving skills.
Ideally, you will have a proven working knowledge of the New Zealand intelligence community and its partner agencies.
Who we are
New Zealand Defence Intelligence (NZDI) is the principal provider of intelligence advice to the Chief of Defence Force (CDF) and the New Zealand Defence Force Executive Leadership Team (ELT). It achieves this by: supporting the ELT in the formulation of strategic intelligence and security direction; implementation of direction from CDF and the ELT through its organic branch capabilities or through the technical direction of Joint Force intelligence resources.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to apply online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information, contact Brian Ruiterman at email@example.com.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Wednesday 20 May 2020.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last fifteen (15) years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last fifteen (15) years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
For more Information: Click here