Senior Advisor Policy – Emergency Management National Emergency Management Agency - Wellington
Closing Date: February 21, 2021
|The newly formed Policy Business Unit is responsible for providing emergency management related policy advice to government, the CDEM sector and the wider emergency management and national security systems. This includes stewardship of the CDEM framework, including a priority project to amend the CDEM Act to ensure it is fit for purpose. The Policy Business Unit also supports NEMA, its Regional Emergency Management Advisors and CDEM Groups during responses to emergencies.
Looking for a candidate with the following attributes:
- Experience using relevant policy frameworks and analytical tools to analyse issues and develop advice.
- Ability to think strategically about issues when developing policy advice and to anticipate future trends and their implications for existing policy trajectories.
- Skilled at proactively building and leveraging collaborative stakeholder relationships at a range of levels.
- Ability to quickly adjust and adapt to changing conditions and still perform to the required standards.
- A practical understanding of, and interest in, public sector systems and processes, including Machinery of Government and legislation.
- A solid understanding of emergency management, national security, and/or risk management is desirable. An interest in the field and proven aptitude for fast learning is essential.
- Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
Applications close: 11.55pm on Sunday 21 February 2021.
For more Information: Click here