Senior Cyber Threat Analyst New Zealand Defence Force - Wellington
Closing Date: February 21, 2021
|What you will do
This is a unique opportunity to become a Cyber Security Expert. Drawing on a broad range of information, you will conduct intelligence analysis, assessing the intent and capabilities of cyber threat actors. You will communicate your outputs to colleagues within the Defence Cyber Security Centre (DCSC), senior officials within the wider New Zealand Defence Force, and beyond.
As part of your professional and personal development, you will have the opportunity to learn the technical aspects of the role. Domestic and international engagement will also be integral to your success.
What we need
We are keen to hear from you if you are naturally inquisitive, have a strong interest in the cyber environment, and are passionate about supporting NZ’s contribution to peace and security.
In particular you will have:
- Strong research and analytical skills; preferably demonstrated in an intelligence and security environment;
- The ability to lead projects, share expertise and mentor others;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal. More specifically, the ability to communicate technical themes to non-technical audiences;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and networks;
- A desire and aptitude to learn new and technical concepts.
Foundation level cyber security study or qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential. You will identify with the NZDF shared values of courage, commitment, comradeship and integrity.
The total remuneration band for this position is $93,746 to $121,318 inclusive of a 4% employer superannuation contribution.
If you are shortlisted for this role, there is an expectation you will complete relevant testing which will form part of your overall assessment.
|How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page.
Please note: If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance (TSS)
- You must have been a NZ Citizen for at least 15 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 15 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Top Secret Special security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
Applications close: 5pm on Sunday 21 February 2021
For more Information: Click here