Closing Date: February 17, 2022
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Intelligence Analyst to join our Biosecurity Intelligence Team (BSI) based in Wellington. BSI is a multi-disciplinary team that fuses scientific expertise, big data analytics and intelligence methodology to enhance MPI’s ability to forecast and monitor future biosecurity threats at the strategic and operational level.
The team analyses and produces assessments about the science and human behaviours that influence the global spread of pests and diseases to forecast the biosecurity threats of tomorrow. Our work informs key decision makers responsible for New Zealand’s biosecurity.
The purpose of the Senior Intelligence Analyst role is to bring experience in intelligence to the conduct of complex analysis, delivering expert intelligence insights and advise in support of key customers and decision makers. We’re looking for a senior strategic thinker who is innovative, can mentor and guide other team members, has sound critical thinking and analytical abilities, and enjoys engaging with clients and stakeholders.
Mōu – About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an intelligence analyst or in a similar working environment.
- A proven understanding of intelligence and analytical methodologies.
- Experienced at translating complex analytical methodologies, insights and outputs to all levels of the organisation from analytical practitioners through to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring analysts and leading intelligence initiatives.
- Experience in developing and managing positive relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and inter-agency environments with a proven track record of contributing to high quality outcomes for decision makers
- Awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and its principles, and a growing understanding of its relevance to New Zealand and to MPI
Wā Mahi Ngāwari – Flexible Working
If you’re interested we are open to discussing flexible working options with you. This can take many forms such as (but not limited to) reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, compressed hours or term-time work. Please feel free to talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The salary for this role is between $75K – $102K depending on skills and experience.
Applications close Thursday 17 February 2022.
For more Information: Click here