Closing Date: February 7, 2021
- As a Senior Analyst in the Intelligence & Targeting Team, you will be responsible for planning, leading and delivering intelligence products to target risk, or develop insight into risks and non-compliance across import pathways. Your work will directly inform tactical, operational and strategic decision makers across Biosecurity New Zealand.
- You will be based within the Integrated Targeting & Operations Centre (ITOC) at Custom House in Auckland’s CBD, working alongside intelligence and targeting professionals in MPI, and with other key government agencies.
- As the successful applicant, you will be able to:
- Keep track of domestic and global issues that continue to challenge New Zealand Biosecurity.
- Derive insights from complex data sources, using intelligence methodologies and data analysis tools and techniques.
- Negotiate with stakeholders and decision makers, to determine requirements and priorities for intelligence products.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and advice to analysts within the team to ensure their success.
- Provide ongoing quality assurance and peer review to support performance, delivering training to contribute to the enhancement of our intelligence capability.
- Maintain appropriate standards and professionalism including seeking feedback from customers of quality and timeliness of intelligence.
- Proactively engage with, and establish productive relationship networks across MPI, wider government and industry.
- Provide intelligence support to other MPI functions including Food Safety, Forestry, Fisheries, Animal Welfare, Trade, and MPI/All of Government responses where required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a key component of this role and proven coaching, mentoring and peer support in intelligence fundamentals are essential. The successful applicant must have well-developed interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- With remote working arrangements encouraged due to COVID-19, and as part of a regionally dispersed workforce, the successful applicant must be able to work unsupervised and navigate through ambiguity to find innovative solutions.
- Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
- Salary range for this role is Band E: $75k to $89k depending on skills and experience.
- Applications close: 11.59pm on Sunday 07 February 2021.
For more Information: Click here