Closing Date: March 7, 2021
Better New Zealand
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
As part of Digital Safety in Policy, Regulation and Communities you will have the opportunity to contribute to supporting the safety, wellbeing and success of New Zealand communities, and provide advice and support to our Ministers in Government. More specifically, as part of the Intelligence & Insights Team in Digital Safety, you will be working to reduce harm online by producing intelligence on the areas of countering violent extremism, child exploitation and unsolicited electronic messaging.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced intelligence analyst to come join our supportive team at a senior level. This is a particularly challenging role where you will be responsible for providing advanced analysis of information from a wide variety of sources to meet operational, tactical and strategic needs.
Key to your success in the role will be your work to identify patterns and trends and provide analysis to ensure findings are holistic and evidenced-based. Working collaboratively in teams, including as a coach and mentor, you will help process a large range of information to produce insightful and best practice strategic and tactical reports for our key stakeholders, to add value to the decision-making process for various critical projects. You’ll tackle a variety of challenging problems, sometimes involving high degrees of uncertainty so being flexible in your approach is a must!
The scope of the role includes:
- analyse, integrate and evaluate information to produce holistic and informative intelligence reports
- bringing a passion for continuous improvement with high planning and task prioritisation skills
- a strong desire to improve online digital safety practice, ensuring it is preventative, high quality and meets organisational, legislative and regulatory requirements
- the ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- forming productive relationships with other intelligence professionals, operational teams and external partner agencies to ensure that intelligence outputs are supporting the strategic and operational needs of the department
- possess a high level of verbal and written skills being able to communicate complex ideas to a range of audiences, including the drafting of influential strategic reports
- expert analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret a wide range of information from different sources and form agency wide insight
- identify emerging intelligence risks and evolving methodologies to stay abreast of new developments
- ability to analyse multiple sources of information to identify risk and the impacts for the team
What we offer
We offer a collaborative and innovative culture where our people thrive to adhere to best practice while constantly challenging the status quo making each workday interesting. We value work life balance so flexible work options are available.
We look for people who can positively contribute to fostering and cultivating an inclusive environment; as well as demonstrating commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion of others.
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo psychometric profiling and exposure to harmful content as part of our selection criteria and must be able to obtain security clearance.
If you thrive on cutting edge projects, a genuine challenge, and knowing that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, we would very much like to hear from you.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we’re a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People’s sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 7 March 2021
For more Information: Click here