Closing Date: February 15, 2021
- The Ministry of Defence, Manatū Kaupapa Waonga, has an opportunity for an experienced Senior Policy Advisor to join the Inspector-General of Defence Establishment Unit (the Unit) on a fixed-term basis. The Unit is a temporary function in the Ministry to progress work associated with a recommendation from the Government Inquiry into Operation Burnham. This role is available as an inter-agency secondment or fixed term agreement through to August 2022.
- In this role you will produce high-quality policy analysis to support decisions by the Government to establish the proposed Inspector-General of Defence. You will engage with internal stakeholders and other agencies as part of the policy development process and be part of targeted public consultation.
- You will be a senior policy practitioner, able to take on a leadership role in the development of policy advice and legislation. You will also:
- be experienced in the policy process from scoping, problem definition, options assessment, regulatory impact assessments, funding analysis, implementation, risk mitigation and evaluation requirements
- be able to draft or peer review high quality policy advice that aligns with Ministry’s quality standards and conforms to Ministry, Ministerial, Cabinet Office requirements
- have highly developed oral and written communication skills
- be able to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders
- A regulatory/legislative background with familiarity in legislative work programmes and taking Bills through the House is desirable. A Defence background and familiarity with the Ministry and the New Zealand Defence Force would be beneficial.
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. For this role it means candidates must have been a New Zealand citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold a NZ Resident Visa or a NZ Permanent Resident Visa, and have been a citizen of the UK, Canada, USA or Australia, for at least the past 10 years.
- Applications close: 5pm on Monday 15 February 2021.
For more Information: Click here