Closing Date: February 17, 2021
- We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced recovery practitioner in the emergency management field to fulfil the role of Team Leader, Recovery. This leadership position is a full-time, fixed-term role for a period of 12 months, with responsibilities for leading the development and maintenance of New Zealand’s recovery framework and arrangements.
- Emergencies affect individuals, communities, regions and nations depending on the scale and seriousness. How well we recover from events will depend on how well we have prepared. This role will provide an opportunity to engage with a broad range of stakeholders and make an impact at the national level. This is your chance to be part of a team that is influential and passionate when it comes to building New Zealand’s disaster risk management and resilience.
- As the Team Leader, Recovery you will be responsible for:
- Leading a small, passionate, highly influential and connected team to develop arrangements, guidance and doctrine at the national and regional levels to build recovery management arrangements and practice to support communities during and following emergencies.
- Acting as a thought leader to provide expert advice and opinion on recovery management issues and opportunities, peer review of policy advice and strategies and continually improve his/her expert knowledge of recovery management policy and practice;
- Developing and maintaining, implementing and reviewing New Zealand’s strategic framework and plans for recovery;
- Developing and promulgating best practice including codes of practice, standards, structures, frameworks, doctrine, and guidelines which enhance the ability of NEMA, and emergency management stakeholders to develop and deliver recovery activities;
- Growing national, regional and local recovery capacity, capability, collaboration and leadership;
- Facilitating multi-agency forums to progress recovery planning, policy and practice by actively engaging with relevant stakeholders, especially at strategic or sector-wide levels.
- You will also have a very hands-on role during emergencies as a member of the NEMA Duty Team and fulfilling an operational role during activations of the NEMA National Coordination Centre and/or National Crisis Management Centre.
- Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
- Applications close: 11.59pm on 17 February 2021.
For more Information: Click here