Closing Date: February 20, 2022
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Analyst to join us at Manatū Kaupapa Waonga (Ministry of Defence).
About the role…
This role is in our Development Branch, part of our Policy and Planning Division. This branch provides civilian advice on defence matters, plays a critical role in assessing New Zealand’s defence needs and works closely with Defence Integrated Project Teams and the New Zealand Defence Force to inform investment decisions on the acquisition of defence capabilities.
The Senior Analyst role provides advice, analysis, and briefings to support capability projects, proposals and policies, supporting the Secretary of Defence’s role as principal civilian defence policy advisor to the government.
This team would welcome a new team member ready to contribute and work on the development of business cases; who loves ensuring effective and productive relationships; and adopts a collaborative working style.
Your experience will likely include:
- A policy background demonstrating well-developed analytical, strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Experience in economic analysis (ideal)
- A current security clearance (beneficial not essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of the New Zealand State Sector and the machinery of government with awareness of the defence and security sector
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. We guide you through this process.
- It is a condition of employment with us that you are required to be able to enter Defence Areas. In order to do so you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before starting with us.
- Direct any queries regarding this role to email@example.com
Applications close Sunday 20 February 2022.
For more Information: Click here