Ahiahi mārie koutou,
As an intelligence professional, your products and analyses likely inform some of the most consequential decisions and their decision-makers – and your assessments should reflect it!
Following a successful offering last year, NZIIP is delighted to once again offer our Effective Assessment Writing Course in 2022.
We have 14 places available for the full day, in-person course to be held on Lambton Quay in Wellington.
Aimed at the community’s fresh and emerging intelligence analysts, attendees will learn the basics of assessment writing rules, techniques, and tips – taking away an ability to:
- Effectively substantiate judgements, linking relevance and structure.
- Best apply probabilistic language to an assessment.
- Write concisely, using the Bottom Line Up Front writing style for some of the community’s busiest customers.
- Fully understand a customer’s needs and tailor your products to such needs.
- Reduce complexity by identifying technical terms, writing comprehendible sentences, and using familiar words.
With any luck, by providing intelligence analysts with common frameworks for their writing long-term, New Zealand’s intelligence community should reap collective benefits, like shortened review times and faster production expediency.
If you are looking to attend, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your manager for further guidance.
Catered lunch, morning and afternoon teas are provided. The course is free of charge.
Date: Friday 20 May 2022, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Location: Lambton Quay, Wellington Central