Closing Date: January 31, 2022
What you will do
This is a unique opportunity to become a Cyber Security expert. Drawing on a broad range of information, you will conduct intelligence analysis, assessing the intent and capabilities of cyber threat actors. You will communicate your outputs to colleagues within the Defence Cyber Security Centre (DCSC), senior officials within the wider New Zealand Defence Force, and beyond.
As part of your professional and personal development, you will have the opportunity to learn the technical aspects of the role. Domestic and international engagement will also be integral to your success.
What we need
We are keen to hear from you if you are naturally inquisitive, have a strong interest in the cyber environment, and are passionate about supporting NZ’s contribution to peace and security.
In particular you will have:
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills;
- Effective communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and networks;
- A desire and aptitude to learn new and technical concepts;
- The ability to be productive, both when working collaboratively, or with autonomy.
Foundation level cyber security study or qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential. You will identify with the NZDF shared values of courage, commitment, comradeship and integrity.
Who we are
We support more than 14,000 personnel on seven continents, often in geographically remote or hostile environments, using a range of satellite and terrestrial systems. Our core purpose is to provide specialist ICT support to mission and intelligence, as well as providing support to essential corporate functions such as Logistics, Human Resources and Finance. Most importantly, we support our colleagues in the Navy, Army, Airforce and Joint Forces who rely on us for the technology they use on platforms (e.g. planes, helicopters, vehicles, ships and military bases). We operate in operational environments, across a range of domains – including cyber – to ensure New Zealand is protected against external threats.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Full time ongoing work;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- 5 weeks annual leave per year;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Expected starting salary will be approximately $90,000, inclusive of 4% superannuation contribution.
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- The NZ Government has announced COVID-19 vaccine mandates covering all employees of the NZDF. Under the mandate, in order to be eligible to work within the NZDF, all staff are required to have received the first dose of the vaccine by 17 January 2022, and the second dose by 1 March 2022, and proof of your vaccination status will be required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Monday 31 January 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
For more Information: Click here