Closing Date: April 26, 2022
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The Deputy Director, Security Delivery is responsible for providing effective strategic leadership to ensure that the Security Delivery functions have the required capability and capacity to meet the strategic objectives of the NZDF and the Directorate of Defence Security (DDS).
This is a key senior leadership role where you’ll turn strategic concepts into operational outcomes, provide expert guidance, and oversee risk management for the Security Delivery function within DDS.
As the Deputy Director, Security Delivery you’ll be responsible for delivery of Personnel, Defence Industry and physical security across multiple facets of the organisation. You’ll lead a team to manage security threats, vulnerabilities, risks and issues to protect NZDF personnel and capabilities from harm.
You’ll work alongside the Director Security, as a member of the Directorate of Defence Security (DDS) Senior Leadership Team, to establish long-term organisational strategies and plans. These responsibilities include:
- Leading strategic development;
- Business improvement;
- Change management;
- Risk management;
- Policy development, and;
- Engagement and acting as an advocate for Defence Security across NZDF.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and Experience
You’ll bring subject matter expertise in relation to protective security frameworks, systems and processes within a complex operating environment. You’ll be an experienced and respected people leader with significant management experience ideally within the Security, Intelligence, or Defence sectors.
You’ll be an excellent communicator who is highly committed and service driven, and has an understanding of protective security theory, practices, and processes within a large, complex organisational environment.
Key skills and attributes you’ll bring to this role are:
- The ability to analyse complex information and make effective recommendations;
- Demonstrable successes in building a positive and engaging culture;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Proven achievements in the development and implementation of strategic vision and goals; and
- Experience in managing partnerships with Security, Intelligence, and Defence agencies both domestically and internationally.
Along with the above you’ll also have the ability to travel as required, including internationally, and a Full Class 1 NZ Driver’s Licence.
Mō mātou | About Us
The Directorate of Defence Security (DDS) provides a sustainable and credible security organisation primarily focussed on NZDF’s domestic security environment through the provision of a range of protective security policies, services, products and advice.
DDS’s purpose is to protect the NZDF from security threats, vulnerabilities and risks that could cause harm to our people, information and capabilities. DDS comprises of; Counter Intelligence, Security Delivery, Security Strategy and Risk, Security Guard Force and Chief of Staff functions. Collectively, these functions work across multiple facets of the NZDF to shape, develop and implement security capability that protects what is important to the Defence Force.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
Nōu te rourou | What’s in it for you
NZDF is an inclusive organisation that is open to flexible working arrangements and welcomes applications from people regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, age, beliefs/opinions, or family circumstances.
In return for your expertise, dedication and hard work, NZDF is offering remuneration reflective of your experience, along with:
- Great benefits for you and your family;
- Fully funded life cover up to $300,000;
- Flexible working environment and positive culture;
- Variety, challenge and a chance to influence.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply, please use the links on this page.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screening test prior to any offer of employment being made.
- If you are an existing NZDF employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
- Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in roles in Defence Areas within the Auckland region. We are currently reviewing our Vaccination policy covering civilian employees outside of the Auckland region and will liaise with successful candidates about our policy prior to commencement.
Applications close on Tuesday 26 April 2022.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- You must have been an NZ Citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively, you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for 10 years.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have 15 years of verifiable background history in countries where a meaningful background check can be undertaken and assessed as appropriate by the NZ Security Intelligence Service.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.
For more Information: Click here