Closing Date: July 10, 2022
- Be part of a significant project and join the Parliament Protest Review Project team
- Approx 2 months fixed term or secondment opportunity
- Opportunity to make a difference
Following the protest on and around Parliament grounds in Wellington during February and March 2022, IPCA as the oversight body have established a project team to undertake an independent investigation and review of police actions.
In summary the scope of work for the project team includes providing the public, Police, and other key stakeholders with an independent assessment of the information Police had, the decisions Police took, the tactics used, and whether the approach taken to policing the Protest as it evolved was lawful, proportionate, and appropriate
The Intelligence and Insights Analyst will look at the Police management of intelligence as it related to the protest, including consideration of the intelligence available to Police, the sufficiency of that intelligence, and how it was assessed and informed decision making prior to and throughout the course of the Protest.
The Parliament Protest Project delivers its outcomes through different workstreams. Throughout the course of the project, the Intelligence and Insights Analyst may also support other analysis work required across the project workstreams, providing analysis and reporting from a multitude of data sources in the review of both individual complaints and the broader thematic review.
- Experience as an Intelligence Analyst with sound knowledge of intelligence practices
- Experienced in the use of a range of tools to critically examine information and derive insights
- Experienced at translating complex analytical methodologies, insights and outputs to a range of audiences
- Ability to absorb and understand new information
- Strong inferencing skills
- Ability to work your way through ambiguous information
- Proven ability to plan and deliver to agreed timeframes
- Understanding of the role and functions of Police or other law enforcement agencies
- A qualification in Intelligence Analysis, or an alternative degree in a relevant area
If you are interested in this position, please go to our website www.ipca.govt.nz where you can download the Position Description and application form.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and completed application form to email@example.com
Applications close at 12pm on Sunday 10 July 2022.
For more Information: Click here