Closing Date: June 1, 2020
- Do you want to lead and manage an operationally-focused business unit?
- Do you want to deliver tangible intelligence that provides a critical edge to the highest level of Government?
- Do you want to take a leadership role in ensuring that foreign intelligence questions are answered?
If you answered yes to the above questions then we may have the opportunity for you! The Government Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) is currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Intelligence Production Manager to join their busy team.
As a Unit Manager and member of the Intelligence Directorate management team, you will play an important role in leading compliant operational activity in the production of intelligence to meet the needs of our customers. You will be establishing and leveraging a network of contacts within New Zealand and partner intelligence communities, as well as advising customer agencies on how the GCSB might be able to assist in their missions.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- experience and the ability to lead, motivate and shape a highly performing team;
- a sound track record of customer service, relationship management and demonstrated focus on delivery of results;
- a wide-ranging familiarity with international affairs and New Zealand’s regional and global interests; and
- the ability to interact with senior management and the wider government to represent current policies and direction accurately.
This position requires someone with proven relationship building skills, a strong focus on fostering a culture of excellence and a willingness to engage constructively across the sector and with partners.
As well as interesting work, we also offer a range of benefits including:
- Ongoing development and training
- Kiwisaver employer contribution over base salary
- Four weeks’ annual leave plus additional leave entitlements
- Generous parental leave and childcare benefits
- Subsidised health insurance and vision care
- Flexible working environment; family friendly
- Free on-site gym
- Active, fun social club
We are a diverse team of passionate and committed people who are mission-driven, and enjoy the unique and important work we get to do – you cannot do this type of work anywhere else.
Salary from $110,602 – $165,904 per annum
Midpoint of the salary range is $138,253 reflecting full competence in the role.
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number C2/20/46 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close 1 June 2020
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.
For more Information: Click here