Principal Intelligence Adviser Department of Corrections | Ara Poutama Aotearoa - Wellington
Closing Date: August 8, 2021
|Department of Corrections | Ara Poutama Aotearoa
Principal Intelligence Adviser (Ref: APA/1548988)
Permanent, Full time
|Mō te tūnga | About the role
As a Principal Intelligence Adviser, you will be responsible for providing trusted advice and support to the Manager National Intelligence. You will assist the wider Intelligence Leadership Team with intelligence best practice, technical expertise and robust advice on national intelligence issues. This role provides technical and analytical leadership on complex issues, where the development of new frameworks and approaches may be needed.
The Principal Intelligence Adviser will also have a key role in the development of professional practice, and systems development for Corrections Intelligence. This role provides many opportunities to engage with senior leaders and others across a large complex organisation and wider intelligence community. Developing strong networks will be necessary to be effective in this role, so your relationship skills will be key to your success. You will plan, lead and ensure delivery of specific pieces of work, have experience in risk identification and management, as well as be able to mentor and support staff.
Ngā pūkenga e kimi ana mātou | Skills we look for
We are looking for someone with the ability to recognise key political and other factors which may impact on working relationships and be able to deal with these sensitively and strategically.
It is important that candidates also have:
- A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to your role
- Highly developed conceptual and technical skills to gain strategic insights, and understand and advise on gaps and opportunities
- Effective partnering, consulting and relationship management skills with senior business leader
- Experience in the development of policies, processes and procedures
- Experience in developing and delivering strategic frameworks and plans that balance the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in a senior intelligence role within Critical Incident Response.
Applications close at 9pm on Sunday 8 August 2021.