Principal / Senior Advisors, National Security Systems Directorate Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet I Te Tari O Te Pirimia Me Te Komiti Matua - Wellington
Closing Date: July 30, 2021
|Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet I Te Tari O Te Pirimia Me Te Komiti Matua
Principal / Senior Advisors, National Security Systems Directorate
Permanent, Full-time / Secondment
- Do you have experience leading and coordinating across challenging issues?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with others to solve complex problems?
- Can you develop and maintain strong relationships across a range of agencies and organisations?
- Are you passionate about being part of the system that keeps New Zealanders safe?
We’re looking for talented Principal and Senior Advisors to join a dynamic, tight-knit team navigating some of New Zealand’s most pressing challenges at the heart of our national security system.
The National Security Systems Directorate (NSSD) sits within the National Security Group, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
Our role is to support the system across a wide range of national security areas. We lead and support inter-agency planning and coordination; provide secretariat support and thought leadership to the system’s governance boards; contribute to system responses to issues of national security significance; and promote collaboration across the broad range of agencies working collectively for national security in New Zealand.
Our ideal candidates will be able to:
- lead and support complex projects and programmes and contribute to the development of an enhanced strategic approach to national security
- build relationships across the national security community, including central and local government, and across a wide range of communities in Aotearoa New Zealand
- lead and coordinate interagency and external collaboration to support national security objectives underpinned by a risk-based framework
- support senior decision-makers by providing quality advice about cross-cutting system-level issues and risks
- contribute flexibly to the broader work of the Directorate, particularly in response to crises as part of a duty team
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for experienced, competent people who can pivot quickly and turn their hand to whatever comes along. Significant experience in leading and working in a strategic advisory, policy or operational role in the New Zealand public sector, and a demonstrated understanding of New Zealand’s security environment are essential. The successful candidates will be able to show an understanding of, and commitment to, the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (the Treaty of Waitangi).
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Creating a diverse and inclusive workforce, that reflects the communities we serve, will help us to delivery effectivity for both the government and for the people of New Zealand.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Vicky.Blair@dpmc.govt.nz
Applications close at 17:00 on Sunday 30 July 2021.