Closing Date: June 7, 2020
About the role | Mō te tūnga
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Southern Intelligence Team, based at Te Omeka, the Canterbury Emergency Services & Justice Precinct.
Reporting to the Manager Regional Intelligence; Southern, the Regional Principal Intelligence Analyst role is part of a team tasked with providing all levels of intelligence that informs senior decision makers across the business. As the Regional Principal Intelligence Analyst you will be the professional and expert lead for intelligence analysis, championing analytical techniques and leading standards in intelligence analysis.
The role focuses on the development of regional and national intelligence analysis capability through exemplary practice, intelligence training and assessment, and coaching/mentoring of intelligence staff. You will also coordinate and contribute to intelligence reporting and intelligence briefings for senior leadership.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced intelligence practitioner who wants to stretch their wings and help shape the intelligence architecture within Ara Poutama Aotearoa, Department of Corrections. This position will provide you with the opportunity to mentor and develop intelligence practitioners and work with a professional and energetic team.
Please note the job closes on Sunday 7th June 2020.
About you | Mōu
We welcome applications from those who can demonstrate experience at a senior level in intelligence analysis, coupled with experience in the establishment and use of effective, intelligence-driven systems and practices.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- An expert understanding of the principles and methodologies of Intelligence
- Leadership experience
- Experience in training and mentoring
- Demonstrated ability to conduct the intelligence process end to end; from identification of a risk or issue through negotiations with the client, delivering the products and influencing decision makers to ensure the desired result is achieved.
- The credibility, integrity and personality to establish and maintain effective professional relationships internal and external to the Department
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience in emergency response under the Critical Incident Management Systems (CIMS) structure.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a national security clearance at Top Secret level. To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years.
- You must also satisfactorily complete pre-employment checks which will include, but is not limited to, criminal and credit checks.
- A full driver licence is required as travel will be a requirement of this role.
About us | Mō mātou
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us by Iwi and conveys the responsibility we have to support and guide those in our care to reach their potential. Our strategy, Hōkai Rangi (https://arapoutama.page.link/Eit5), provides a clear direction of travel – one that builds on the good things that are already happening, and, most importantly, how we can innovate to find new ways of doing things to achieve better outcomes for Māori, whānau and communities.
Rangatira – Leadership, Manaaki – Respect, Wairua- Spirituality,
Kaitiaki – Guardianship, Whānau – Relationships
It is an exciting time and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site. If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Notice about COVID-19 **
We are part of the group of essential organisations that provide the necessities of life for everyone in New Zealand. During times of increased COVID-19 alert, our recruitment and onboarding processes will continue however will be changed to include increased health measures. We will work with candidates throughout the process to ensure safety and help stop the spread.
For more Information: Click here