Closing Date: February 29, 2020
Permanent Position – Programme Manager: Trafficking in Persons in Intelligence, Data and Insights, Immigration NZ
The Programme Manager Trafficking in Persons is a position that supports Immigration New Zealand and other agencies seeking to prevent, disrupt and deter trafficking in persons.
This position will be responsible for leading the coordination of all aspects of trafficking in persons for Immigration New Zealand. The Programme Manager focusses on ensuring Immigration New Zealand meets its obligations under New Zealand and International law and conventions to combat trafficking in persons. The position will be expected to contribute advice into policy.
This role reports to the General Manager, Intelligence, Data and Insights based in Wellington.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in the Immigration system with particular focus on programmes that exist to ensure that INZ fulfils its obligations under the United Nations Convention and protocols
- Experience of working with diverse internal stakeholder groups to develop and implement business oriented solution
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in international forums – including leading/ contributing to streams of work; working with NGOs; community groups and outreach initiatives
- Subject matter expertise in trafficking in persons or a related area would be desirable
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Strong programme and project management skills
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo, introduce new ways of looking at problems and adopt creative new approaches
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
So if you’re keen to join a dynamic, future-focused, engaging, inclusive team, please apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah at Sarah.Hutcheson@mbie.govt.nz and quote MBIE/1450155 if you have any further questions. Applications close 5pm on 28 February 2020.
For more Information: Click here