Closing Date: March 4, 2020
Join a high performing team delivering Business Intelligence solutions for the Ministry of Justice. This role is based in Wellington.
As an expert in your field, you will engage directly with the business and ICT partners to define, develop and maintain the Ministry’s Enterprise Data Warehouse and SAS Analytics reporting and analytics platforms. Reporting to the Manager of Business Intelligence Services within the Data & Information business unit, your mandate is to deliver business value.
You will develop relationships with key business stakeholders to identify and gather requirements and develop innovative solutions through the use of agile BI techniques. You will develop new data feeds into the Ministries Oracle Data Warehouse, develop new subject areas and BI reporting to support valuable business outcomes.
Key deliverables include:
- Developing feeds from source systems using Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator (ETL tools) to the Ministries Enterprise Data Warehouse to produce Enterprise Reporting with Dashboards and Drilldown Capabilities via the SAS Office Analytics and Visual Analytics (Viya) platforms
- Producing the detailed design, planning the development tasks and activities for inclusion into the ICT BI Service work plan and ensuring the detailed plan delivers the business outcomes using ICT/Ministry of Justice best practice techniques, processes and methodologies.
- Assisting in the monitoring and oversight of the work items being completed by the BI development team members (e.g. Peer Reviews).
- Ensuring that the delivery of tasks is in line with the BI Service work plan.
- Developing necessary documents (including but not limited to detailed design, technical specifications, unit test plans / results).
- Supporting any required integration or regression testing.
- Assisting in prioritisation of the defects; providing leadership and solutions for resolution.
- Ensuring that changes are managed through a formal change request process.
- Provide project leadership, coaching and assistance to other team members and coordination of new BI Service releases.
Your experience will ideally include:
- Operating at a senior level in a Business Intelligence role for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Having a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent industry experience
- Hands on development and design of Data Warehouse subject areas
- Hands on experience with Dimensional Modelling techniques
- Development using Oracle Databases (SQL and PL/SQL) or similar technology
- Business Intelligence development using ETL tools, ideally with experience using Oracle ODI
- An understanding and desirably experience using Change Data Capture tools like Oracle GoldenGate
- An understanding and desirably experience using or supporting SAS Office Analytics and SAS Visual Analytics Viya environments.
This Ministry is on the path to becoming a leader in business intelligence. With support from the Chief Executive, there is the real opportunity for your work to change the way the Ministry works with information. The team is becoming recognised for solving common system-wide challenges and would welcome further fresh ideas. This is your opportunity to cement your reputation as a ground breaking, industry expert.
Salary range: $90,3232 – $127,514
Joining the Ministry of Justice means you will become part of an inclusive organisation that values you and the communities we serve. It’s important to us that our workplace is one where our people feel healthy and safe, supported and able to be themselves at work. We value respect as the foundation for building a positive workplace culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated.
For more Information: Click here