Closing Date: January 27, 2021
Make history with us
As New Zealand’s environmental regulator, the work we do today helps shape the future of Aotearoa.
The Compliance, Monitoring and Enforcement (CME) group helps everyone – from small businesses to big organisations – understand and comply with environmental regulations to help protect communities, the environment and people. The CME group’s functions underpin the overall strategic direction and goals of the EPA – protecting people and the environment, delivering the right decisions and strengthening trust in the EPA.
As part of recent changes made within the CME group we are looking for a range of passionate and forward thinking professionals to join us on a move to a more cohesively-aligned, strengthened, and active CME Group.
The Senior Intelligence Analyst will lead the development, implementation and delivery of the intelligence function that will support proactive and intelligence-led decision making across the CME group and its activities.
This position would suit an experienced intelligence professional who can use a range of intelligence tools to critically examine issues and provide trusted advice to decision makers. Someone who can develop high trust and effective relationships and has the enthusiasm and innovate thinking to contribute to and build a high performing team.
What we can offer you
This is a permanent full-time position based in our central city offices on Lambton Quay. The role provides plenty of variety, interesting and challenging opportunities, working with colleagues focused on making a difference.
Some of the benefits of working with us include on-site weekly Māori language lessons and regular workshops to develop staff understanding and appreciation of Te Ao Māori; talks on a variety of topics from fascinating external speakers; and a range of clubs and groups, from gardening to adventure running, that cater to the diverse interests of our staff.
We also offer our staff extra leave on top of the standard legislative requirements.
We are looking for someone who has a range of skills and capabilities, including:
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrable experience in an intelligence role
- Experience delivering intelligence analysis in regulatory environments
- Familiarity with a range of intelligence products and briefings
- Capability to develop and embed processes to support the delivery of analytical products
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills and be able to established processes to identify and implement training requirements
- Knowledge of a full range of analytical techniques to describe and interpret information
- Experience in developing and implementing intelligence strategies and policies
How to apply
Please check out the careers section of our website for a copy of the job description, at www.epa.govt.nz
For more Information: Click here