Closing Date: July 5, 2020
- We are looking for an experienced intelligence practitioner who thrives on solving complex problems in a dynamic environment
- An opportunity to play a key role in shaping a newly formed intelligence function
- Wellington based
About us | Ko wai mātou
At Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation’s performance and success depend on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for Aotearoa. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in ten years’ time.
This is an exciting time for the Regulatory Services group as we set ourselves up for future success delivering end-to-end regulatory services that are sharply focused on outcomes and delivering our regulatory purpose and objectives. We have a rare opportunity to drive positive change that will make a difference to the way we work and the outcomes we can deliver for the public. Safety is a top priority for the Transport Agency and we, as the Regulatory Services group, aim to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm by being a firm and fair regulator ensuring compliance – it is the essence of why we do what we do.
The opportunity | Te Whiwhinga mahi
As the Senior Intelligence Analyst, you will play an important leading role in the development and delivery of intelligence products, designed to inform the Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency decision-makers’ understanding of the regulatory and security environment. You will utilise the full range of your analytical abilities to lead the development of intelligence products and processes; you will navigate through multiple information sources and datasets to find and then connect the dots; you will draw on your strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across the business and with partner agencies; and you will use your collaborative mindset to help develop other staff.
This role sits as part of a newly created, dynamic, and focused intelligence team within the Regulatory Services group. This is a unique opportunity to bring your skills, experience, and ideas to a stimulating and challenging environment where no two days are the same, and where you can genuinely make your mark.
About you | Ko wai tēnei
What you will bring:
- Astute judgement and critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong focus on service delivery, with highly effective relationship management skills
- Proven analytical abilities in an intelligence role, including coaching and mentoring of other staff
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Breadth of experience preparing and delivering targeted, informative intelligence briefings/presentations to a range of audiences
- Proven credibility as a professional within the New Zealand intelligence community and/or across wider government
- NZ/National Diploma in Intelligence Analysis
- A relevant tertiary qualification requiring a high level of research, analytical, and/or evaluative skills; or demonstrated intellectual equivalence
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance to the level of Secret. Please use this tool to check if you might be eligible for a security clearance: www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
- A full, clean NZ driving licence is desirable
Applications close | Rā Katinga : Sunday, 5 July 2020
For a copy of the position description: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
NZ Transport Agency is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). At the Agency we recognise the importance of diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing a working environment that embraces these values. Please do let us know if you need any support or have any access requirements that will help you through the recruitment process.
For more Information: Click here