Closing Date: February 13, 2022
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the Role
We are looking for a talented leader to guide and support the development of a team of highly effective intelligence professionals based in Wellington. The Primary Industries Intelligence team (PII) works across the breadth of MPI with a particular focus operational and strategic intelligence in the areas of international fisheries, Trade and Food Safety. Together with other teams in the Intelligence Group, the PII team is a conduit for the ministry into the National Security System.
The Team Leader, Primary Industries Intelligence is responsible for managing the development and performance of the intelligence analysts and leading the team to deliver high quality intelligence to support decision-making within the ministry and wider government. Primarily focused on Fisheries, the Team Leader will work closely with the other Team Leader, the Lead Intelligence Analyst and the Team Manager in partner and stakeholder engagement and setting the PII team direction and work programme.
Mōu – About You
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience managing analytical staff
- Experience in developing and managing positive relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary and inter-agency environments with a proven track record of contributing to high quality outcomes for decision makers
- Awareness of the Treaty of Waitangi and its principles, and a growing understanding of its relevance to New Zealand and to MPI
Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua: – Benefits of working at MPI
- Career development and internal opportunities across the branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Group Healthcare SchemesComprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Parental leave ex-gratia payment
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
- Flexible working. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible.
Ngā Taki Whakahaumaru – Security checks
Security Clearance requirements
This role requires a Top Secret Special clearance
- Has resided and worked continuously in New Zealand or one of the following Five-Eyes countries for the last 15 years (Top Secret Special): Australia, Canada, UK or USA.
The salary for this role is between $92K – $124K depending on skills and experience.
Applications close Sunday 13 February 2022.
For more Information: Click here