Closing Date: January 25, 2021
- The Advisor/Senior Advisor, Deployable Capabilities role sits within the National Operations team of NEMA in Wellington. This team are responsible for leading the operational systems, facilities and infrastructure required to respond effectively to emergencies within New Zealand.
- The purpose of an Advisor / Senior Advisor Deployable Capabilities is to:
- Support the building, maintenance and coordination of deployable capability including the Emergency Management Assistance Team (EMAT), Rapid Response Team (RRT), United Nations Disaster Assistance and Coordination (UNDAC) and NEMA deployable staff within New Zealand or offshore.
- Support all forms of emergency management sector deployments, including cross sector deployments to support sector capability development (in collaboration with the System Capability unit).
- As the Advisor/Senior Advisor, Deployable Capabilities you will bring the following attributes:
- An ability to facilitate and coordinate people
- Actively seeks to further develop own knowledge, skills and competencies through a range of experiences and contributes to the improvement of the quality of processes
- Flexible and adaptive to complex, high pressure and changing environments
- Able to manoeuvre through complex organisational and political situations with political nous
- Operates effectively in high stress environments and delivers high quality work output under pressure including short time frames
- Applies the highest standards of personal conduct, honesty and integrity
- Possesses discretion and tact to handle confidential and private information
- A Senior Advisor will also demonstrate:
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships, including influencing without authority
- High level of judgement with the ability to make effective decisions in complex situations
- An ability to orchestrate multiple activities at the same time to accomplish a goal
- Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
- Applications close: 11.59pm on Monday 25 January 2021.
For more Information: Click here